How To Create A Basement Man Cave
It doesn’t matter how old or how young you are. Every bro’s dream is to create the ultimate man cave in their basement. It bears the very essence of becoming an absolute bro.
However, some of you might wonder what a man cave is. A man cave is a sacred den for the bros to hang out, play games, and drink booze. Plus, if you are of the female gender, then you are not worthy enough to stand on this sacred ground.
Anyway, that’s enough roleplay talk. So you’re planning on converting your basement into a man cave? Here are several tips to help you create the ultimate man cave.
Take Note of Your Budget
First and foremost, you need to check your budget. It is true that man caves could get expensive, but that’s mainly because of the miscellaneous stuff. Like the figurines and the collectibles. There are other things you need to keep track of.
Furniture, wallpaper or wall tiles, and flooring. These are some of the things that you need in order to create a man cave. Keeping up with the budget could help you set away some extra cash for the furnishings. As mentioned, the collectibles, figurines, posters, etc.
Keeping note of your budget is important so you can avoid some ghost costs on your end.
Pick Your Theme
Once you got your budget right, you need to choose the right theme for your man cave. The theme should encapsulate you as a person. It’s basically the personality of your man cave. Plus, the theme is what determines the type of furniture that you’ll use. Now, there are several different kinds of themes to choose from. Here are a few to get you started.
- Hardcore Gamer – Ah yes, the hardcore gamer. This is a very popular theme when it comes to man caves. It’s a place full of game consoles, game cartridges, arcade machines, and video game character figurines.
- Dungeon Fantasy – This one is quite similar to the hardcore gamer style. However, this particular style mainly focuses on RPG games, board games, and fantasy. Think of it as a mix between Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones, but in a gamer’s style.
- Smokey Jazz Bar – If you’re into fancy music and classy cocktails, then a jazz bar theme is definitely the one for you. Designed using classic record discs, leather sofas, and a minibar. It’s a jazz lover’s dream.
- Movie Junkie – From movie collections and VHS players to memorabilia and a cinema-sized television. It’s all about movies and cinema.
- Sports Fan – We’ve all seen a room like this at least once. Jerseys on the wall and posters of famous sports players. It’s a den for watching the big game. Don’t forget to invite the bros over.
- Game Room – Don’t confuse this one with the hardcore gamer theme, because this theme is quite different. It is still about games, but it’s more about dartboards, billiard tables, foosball tables, and pinball machines. Now you get the difference, right?
Check The Basement’s Size
After you have the theme in mind, it’s highly advised that you check the size. Man caves require furniture and the right-sized furniture will make a man cave more inviting. If you don’t check the size beforehand, then there’s a possibility that you’ll buy the wrong kind of furniture.
Basements come in different sizes and shapes. Your man cave should be interesting and full of ideas, yet it’s still comfortable and spacious. No one likes to hang out in a cramped space.
Basements tend to be hot and stale. If you already have a ventilation system, then that’s great. On the other hand, if you don’t, then you’ll need to install a vent system for your man cave.
Getting hot and sweaty during an intense game is quite common. But that just adds an uninviting factor to your room. If the room is ventilated well, then you and the boys will be able to hang out longer.
The first problem that you have to fix is the wiring, especially if you chose the gamer theme. You must make sure that all of the power strips, cables, and wires are all set up properly. Not only do they make the room look better, but it also prevents further accidents.
A lot of house fires are caused by messy wiring. It’s very important to keep them organized.
Don’t Forget the Mini-Refrigerator
It doesn’t matter what theme you chose or what style you’re using. Every man cave requires a mini-refrigerator. It’s a crucial item that completes your man cave. It’s a place to keep your beer and cold snacks.
If you choose not to invest in a mini-refrigerator, then how are you supposed to crack open a cold one with the boys? Have you ever thought of that? Now, get going and get yourself a mini-refrigerator for your man cave.
If you decide on transforming your basement into a man cave. Make sure you treat it as an improvement to your home, instead of an investment. Although, thinking of the budget is important, but you can never put a price on a well-designed man cave.
It’s every bro’s dream, right? So sit back, relax, and have some fun. That’s what man-caves are for. Once you got all of the basics in mind and you finally get to create your man cave. Keep in mind that it will take some effort and time but once you finish it. Man, you’ll be the happiest bro alive.
For more home tips, advice and ideas visit our website Home Guidelines.