6 Best Kitchen Countertops Ideas
Irrespective of whether you believe the kitchen is the heart of the home or not, you cannot sweep aside the fact that the kitchen is the never-ending activity junction. From cooking to assisting mum in baking, doing homework with kids, hosting little conversations while sipping tea or coffee, to nourishing the body, a kitchen plays a role in it all. Thus, when you are thinking of kitchen remodeling or countertop ideas for your newly constructed home, you must choose the ones that are the best fit for your home and that handle all your quirky activities. Since a kitchen is incomplete without an alluring and sustainable countertop, here are some best kitchen countertops ideas.
Following is the list of six diverse types of kitchen countertops, along with their advantages and disadvantages, to help you make a wise decision.
Wooden Countertops for Aesthetic Appeal
Wooden countertops give your kitchen a rustic and classic appeal. Available in numerous variations, wood is a practical and attractive choice that offers warmth to the kitchen.
If the wooden counter is coated adequately with a protective layer, you can slice meat, and do not worry about putting hot pots, pans, or other hot things on the counter. Besides, you can pair them with other materials or stones and pop an electric look into the kitchen.
- Heat absorbent
- It is easy on pocket
- Use it as a built-in chopping board
- Easy to sand and reseal
- It might absorb bacteria and strains
- Requires regular sanding and sealing
- If unsealed, you might have to invest a lot on oiling the counters regularly
- You might see swelling or shrinkage in the counters with seasons
Innovative Laminated Kitchen Countertops
Aim to get the most creative designs all while being cost-effective with your kitchen remodeling or making a new one? A laminated kitchen countertop is the best bet. The laminations effectively can mimic any material, be it wood, genuine stone, qua, and more, all at almost half the price of these materials.
- Bacteria resistant
- A variety of styling options
- It is easy maintenance
- Easy to DIY install
- Can give your kitchen any look you want
- Not heat resistant
- Seams stay visible
- Impossible to reverse the damage
- Do not add to the resale value of the house
Stainless Steel Countertops
The metal countertop is ranking high on the latest kitchen countertop trends. It goes with any color of the kitchen and gives a contemporary yet classy look. They started their journey by making a place in the restaurant’s kitchen, and now entering households they are doing simply great. People are opting for it more often as they are not just seamlessly customized and installed but because they are effortless to clean too. Let us dig into the pros and cons.
- Durable and resilient as it does not easily chip or crack
- Extensive elegant, shiny, and styling options
- Non-porous construction makes it hygienic
- Requires no maintenance
- Scratch easily
- Dents easily
- Metal is sensitive to heat
- Expensive other materials
Quantum Quartz Engineered Stone Countertop
If exceptional durability, style, hygiene, and sophisticated kitchen countertop, top your priority list, quantum quartz engineered stone countertops qualify your checklist most appropriately.
The quantum quartz engineered stone consists of 93% of natural quartz, and the rest is a bonding agent. It means this material makes your kitchen made up entirely of natural stone.
- Excessively resists scratch, strain, abrasion, and damage
- Extensive styling options are available
- Extremely durable and long-lasting
- It is not easily indestructible
- A bit expensive than average material
- Not easy for DIY installations
- You will need protection to place hot pots or pans
Often, the homeowners see polished granite as the best option for their kitchen countertops. Because it is long-lasting, durable, and is a cost-effective option compared to other materials.
Usually, as most stone countertops come in darker options, granite has both light and dark options. Besides, there are three categories of granite stone, which includes entry-grade, mid-grade, and high-grade, which are often more budget-friendly than you can assume.
- High durability
- Heat, scratch, chipping, and water-resistant
- Available in a range of styles
- Has vast options for every price range
- It may have visible seams
- Granite may crack if not installed properly
- No DIY installation is possible
Glass Countertop Designs
Those who choose glass countertops for their kitchen remodeling or building a new one will have a kitchen that exhibits an elegant and classy design. They are the unique countertop ideas that are making a remarkable place in the kitchen countertop trends.
- Makes your kitchen look visually brighter and appealing
- It is heat and stain resistant
- Cost you as much as a granite countertop would cost you.
- You can carve the glass countertop in any shape you want
- It has an enormous range of design options
- It is more susceptible to scratches than other countertops
- You cannot use a scrubber, sponges, or steel wool to clean glass kitchen countertops if you wish to avoid scratches
- Repairing the broken glass is impossible
- You must clean them all the time to make them look the best
Going for a kitchen remodeling or making a new one, and want ideas and assistance in getting the best kitchen countertop? Get in touch with House to Home. Their innovative team of craftsmen will assist you with ideas and carve each corner of your kitchen with diligence. For more home tips, advice and ideas visit our website Home Guidelines.